10,000 steps per day is the recommended goal. You’ll be surprised to know that the average American walks about 3,500 steps per day.
Here are 10 easy ways to get 10k steps:
1. Get a dog. Walking your dog is a great way to get your steps in
2. Take the stairs whenever possible
3. Take a moving break. Go walking at work in your lunch break. This can be done either indoors or outdoors
4. Park far away on shopping trips, etc.
5. Take a post-meal walk. A 15 minute walk with the family after dinner is a great way to get everyone moving.
6. Play with your kids. Playing hide and seek can run up 10,000 steps alone!
7. Walk and talk. I almost always walk in place when talking on the phone.
8. Walk in place during commercials when watching your favorite show
9. Drink up! The extra trips to the bathroom helps to get those steps in.
10. Make extra trips whenever possible. For example, after grocery shopping I always carry as few bags at a time as possible.
Bonus Tip: Set reminders to walk.
Making a goal of 10,000 steps a day does not mean you need to set aside a block of 2 ½ hours for a walk. Set reminders on one of your electronic devices to let you know to take a quick walk. You can do this several times a day to hit your step goal.
Join us in the Walking for His Glory Community